Yo Soy 132 is a student movement in Mexico challenging the media and demanding free and fair elections. When the media’s preferred presidential candidate Enrique Peña Nieto held a conference at a university, many students questioned him and expressed dissatisfaction. Media and politicians called the students were called “outside agitators” smuggled in to cause problems. 131 of those in attendance produced their student IDs to prove they attended the university. Those who supported their protest began calling themselves the 132nd student. In this video they express their demands.
For more information listen to On the Media’s MEXICAN MEDIA: ES MUY COMPLICADO
- Getting to Know a Student Activist: “Freedom is not Free”
- Iran: No News is Bad News, Crackdown on Journalists
- Punishing Students for Their Opinions
- Azerbaijan: Democracy is a Motor that Needs Constant Maintenance
- Urgent action: Stop the Execution of Iranian-Kurdish Student